Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Banged up baby.

So I posted a couple pictures of my beat up baby (see below). It doesn't look too bad. And obviously it could have been a lot worse (imagine if I had been a 1/2 second later). I guessed the damage would be around $2,500. One estimate I got was $2,192 and the other was $2,349, so I guess my estimate was pretty close. I'm still waiting on the (his) insurance to get everything in line so I can take it into the shop and get it taken care of. She'll be out of commission for five days. I'm a little disappointed because the options to repair the quarter panel are (1) bend it out and paint and buff it up to fix it, or (2) since it is a unibody, cut out the quarter panel and weld a new panel back in. I don't particularly like either option, but I guess there is not anything I can really do about it. I'll let you know when after she gets fixed...

No comments: