Monday, October 04, 2004

I told you these would be random.

I was talking with one of my best friends the other day, and I discussed two interesting things with him:

1. Supposedly the 1996 Ferrari F50GT (only three ever made) weighed only 2000 pounds, had 750 horsepower (at 10,500 rpms), and was faster around the Fiorana track than a 333SP (the Le Mans prototype car). Personally I have a hard time believing the curb weight, and Ferrari has overestimated the power in their cars before, but given those numbers are right it would have a power-weight ratio of 2.7!!! That is better than anything else on my power-weight ratio chart (ME412, Enzo, McLaren, Sportec, etc., etc.)http://www.supercars.net/cars/1996@$Ferrari@$F50%20GTx.html

2. The preproduction numbers and specs for the the upcoming Mazdaspeed 6: 2.3 liter turbocharged four cylinder; 274 horsepower; 280 ft-lbs of torque; 6 speed manual; (and get this) ALL WHEEL DRIVE!!!. It sounds like it is going to be a freaking monster, not to mention completely tuneable. Plus with all that displacement, it should have a TON of torque, especially after tuning. I figure a big front mount intercooler (FMIC), 2 1/2 or 3 inch turbo-back exhaust, some ECU tuning, a boost controller, blow off valve, etc., and 350 horsepower is pretty doable.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=mazdaSpeed6

No comments: